Have you colored today?

Have you colored today?
Have you colored today?

Thursday, April 14, 2011

How could I forget to post about the Rainbow cupcakes???

I spend time going through several blogs and I find some great things to make! Many of them can be more time consuming than I like - but soooo worth it! I'm a SAHM, and I figure this is why I made the decision to stay home with them - to give them fun memories! I pack the kids snacks and lunches for school (well, lunch for one - but they both get a snack!) I am obsessed with the idea of using bento/recyclable materials to pack their food in - we have several containers we use on a daily basis and I have made each of the kids a lunch or snack bag to bring their food to school in. They also love their reusable snack bags!! I made those too! Some day soon I'll try and get pics of those too!

Anywho - back to the rainbow cupcakes - the kids LOVE them and, I must admit, are VERY fun!
We purchased some of our favorite icing/frosting at the local market to put on top...
Here's a pic!

It's a fun little cross section (I HAD to taste test it!) I've made them a few times now - I made mini cupcakes, heart shaped cupcakes and good ole fashioned cupcakes...

It's simply a white cake mix that I colored with gel food colorings (yes, I did 6 colors!) I put the colored mixes into ziploc bags to put it in the muffin pans - it was easier to get the smaller amounts in there - especially on the mini one's!

I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment